This writing lark

It's a bit like washing your dirty laundry in public.

But then I've never quite understood what all the fuss is about that. If you're embarrassed by your underpants, then why wear them? Get some pants that you can wear with pride, I say. Then parade about in them like you really mean it. And when, as is inevitable, they become soiled, wash them thoroughly and in plain view of all who would watch.

If they're embarrassed, then that's their problem.

So what is this blogging thing? Why am I doing it? Apart from the fact that Mr Stuart told me to and I always do what he says.

If this is to be a diary of thoughts, ideas, observations and other such worthless stuff, then I will have to dig out my old observational skills, unused these past however many years spent living in the wilds of Wales. There's not much scope for wry and witty comments on life, illustrated with little personal vignettes, when days can pass without my seeing any other living creatures besides my three dogs, one cat and Barbara. On the other hand, all life is mirrored in a single thought, or so someone once said. So here goes.


Comments

Stuart MacBride said…
Come on James, need more postings! We want to know what's going on!

Popular Posts