I'm back (again)

Like any of you noticed I was gone.

What should have been a short trip up north to return the visiting dogs and collect my parents from the airport turned into a week away. An old (very old) family friend died after a long illness and was buried on Tuesday. That meant that my parents (no spring chickens themselves, I'm afraid to admit) having spent thirteen hours cooped up in sardine class on an Emirates airlines flight from Singapore on Sunday then leapt aboard the magic bus on Monday and drove from Fife to Kettering for the funeral. My dad was all for coming home straight afterwards, but some small measure of sanity prevailed and they stayed down another night. By the time they got home on Wednesday they looked ready to drop. I was left looking after all the dogs (again), but there are worse places to be than North-East Fife, whatever Mr Stuart might say.

Now all I've got to do is stop behaving like I'm on holiday and actually get on with some work.

Comments

Popular Posts