Good times ahead?

I found this on the kitchen floor this morning:



It's a bit of mud from the tread of someone's shoe - probably the Horse Doctor, since I'd never go into the kitchen wearing my boots, of course.


But the important thing to the superstitious, or simply those like me who are reduced to clutching at straws, is that it is shaped exactly like a pound symbol.


Surely this means I'm about to come into some much-needed cash. Perhaps it means the Horse Doctor is going to get a promotion, or that we're going to win the lottery (although that would require first buying a ticket). It could be that some hitherto unknown benefactor is going to spring out of the woodwork waving six-figure cheques about like they were nothing special. Who knows, some media mogul might have stumbled upon one of the lost copies of Pedalling Uphill Slowly* and even now be looking to buy the film rights.


Or, of course, it could just mean that the kitchen floor needs sweeping.


*With the help of the great bearded writist himself, Stuart MacBride, I had five copies of this worthy tome printed and hard bound. Then I did another seven because various people complained they hadn't got one. Of these twelve, I can account for ten. Where the other two have gone is anyone's guess, but they'll be worth a fortune some day, I'm sure.

Comments

The Early Bird said…
I buy lottery tickets once a month.
I have never won.
You like horses.
Do you like the Derby?

Popular Posts