Strike Three

Haggis the Lucky Labrador has a particularly annoying habit. He likes to chew things - and that's hardly surprising given his age, breed and lack of intelligence.* But more so, he likes to chew expensive television remote controls


like goose wouldn't melt in his mouth...


I know this, and so I really should remember, last thing at night, to uplift the remote to a place of safety. Until such a time as we manage to organise canine accommodation outwith the living room, anything that is below a line drawn four feet off the ground (or higher where climbing on chairs, sofa and other similar gym apparatus allows) is fair game.

at least he left the batteries in this time

Still, it's annoying, and surprisingly easy to forget. Particularly when I've not been watching the telly and the remote is still hanging around the danger zone from an earlier viewing. This is the third one to go, although I hope it might work still, at least for a little while. I quite fancied one of those fancy all-in-one touch screen multi-remotes, but at the thick end of £200, I'm not sure it would be such a good idea.

toys

* for which he tries very hard to make up with enthusiasm.

Comments

So it's remotes these days. Cant't dogs stick to old shoes? :)
Anonymous said…
It's not just Haggis James. I'm in vet tech school now and Labs are infamous for chewing and swallowing anything they can get their mouths on. Move the remotes, he'll find something else.

My parent's chocolate lab had a taste for acorns. Buster's favorite season was fall-the outdoors was one big buffet...
Anonymous said…
Thank goodness my lab-flat coat mix has not discovered the remote...nor the lab gene which causes the need to chew it!

Popular Posts