Life's little rituals

I always rinse the toothbrush under the tap before putting toothpaste on it. Then once again to settle the toothpaste into the bristles before putting the brush into my mouth. In the old days, back when I was in short trousers and toothpaste tubes were made of metal that could be flattened out and used for making model aeroplanes, I used to rinse the top of the tube before putting the cap back on as well. It was less messy that way.

Is anyone else out there as anally retentive about their dental hygiene?

Comments

Sandra Ruttan said…
Model airplanes? Cool.
Anonymous said…
My grandmother used to use the powdered pepsodent in the metal cans-god only knows what those cans were actually made of-but I used to love spending the night at her apartment so I could use her toothpaste.

You had to shake a pile of it in your hand and then occasionally put your toothbrush back in the little pile to get more powder.

Hygienic, no. But for a little kid, way, way cool.
This comment has been removed by the author.
As anally retentive? No.

But a lad I used to work with once claimed it took him half an hour to clean his teeth of a morning.

(Deleted comment came about due to reading my comment back after posting it, rather than before, like a sensible person)

Popular Posts